Monday 19 May 2014

Unit X Course Review

Now I have always had this blog for a couple of years already, but when I heard about us doing a whole unit on doing a blog I couldn't of been happier. I love writing reviews and just anything on my interests in media, but this unit has helped my skills even more with blogging such as creating infographics and writing film reviews which I hadn't actually ever done before on this blog. In this unit we had two cinema screenings every week which was of course the biggest highlight of the unit as who doesn't love free films?

Every film we seen were the very latests releases as well, I think my favourite film that we seen was A Long Way Down out of all the options. As the unit began we had plenty of interesting lectures with some special guests so I had high hopes from the start of the course. The only thing I found disappointing was the amount of lectures we had because there was very little and they only seemed to keep up for the first 2 weeks. We did however have a seminar every Friday in my case with Rob Hamilton which I have had before in other units and found very comfortable being in his group. 

We mostly talked about cinema all the time in the seminars and what we have seen this week. I did however find out quite a lot about infographics which I found the most useful thing I learned from unit x. We had a lecture on what they were all about and how to mange them on our blogs and how to write reviews without them sounding boring. 

We got told to use such things as catchy titles of the review summarizing what there going to get from the review. Uses images but keep it to two or three max and express your true opinions without giving a film just positive feed back all the time because no film is perfect. As a whole the unit opened my mind to new things in cinema and I will carry on film reviews on this blog without a doubt and hoping to carry on more infographics at least one every week. Out of all the units on the course this one did seem very simple but effective, it was a lovely unit to finish off with after plenty of essays and practice units later.

No comments:

Post a Comment