Sunday 11 May 2014

Creeps, Freaks And Scarlett Johansson

Under The Skin is a film that will leave you wondering why the hell have I come to see. But is it in a good or bad way. The plot is very strange and involves an alien that seduces men in order to feed off there skin, the whole film takes place in Scotland and shows the city plus the vast country woods sides to the area which I like.The film is very intriguing and made me feel extremely uncomfortable at times, but the upsides are how the film keeps you watching to find out what will happen to this alien played by Scarlett Johansson.

She plays a great role in the film and makes Under The Skin an entertaining viewing for the audience, I mean it is Scarlett Johannssen after all and she is pretty much fully naked throughout. Jonathan Glazer directors the film very well and keeps a scary atmosphere throughout the 108 minutes. But at times it does get quite repetitive and looks like there playing for time quite a bit. 

 


The film is produced by a small British film company, I think it can get a lot more feature films and become a larger company with many more successful films under there name. As a whole I found this film a bit too weird for me but the approach is done well with some scenes I think that we're not needed.

The creepy silent Scarlett Johansson puts you on the edge and she plays a totally different kind of role that she has ever done before. The music is done to perfection and without it would no where near be as creepy as it is. The film involves a hell of a lot of sexual scenes and nudity so be warned if your not expecting it to be that bad, when people mention nudity they don't expect it to be as bad as people make out but this film gives you nudity as often as they can hence the narrative of the film. Overall I found it rather dull but at points scenes so creepy they made me have nightmares, I would recommend you check it out if your brave enough just don't watch it alone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment